Our definition of Business/Digital transformation is the process of moving the organisation from an “analogue” or paper-based entity to that of a “Digital technology” one.
We will explore together:
- The cultural shift that will be needed.
- Understanding the consequences.
- The benefits – including improved process efficiencies (automation), speed & accuracy of decision making – leading to improved profitability.
- Designing & implementation of the program.
- Software developments.
- Measuring ROI of the program.
The creation of a systematic approach to enable the organisation to best perform in light of current / anticipated changes to the organisation’s goals, technologies or indeed processes.
We will cover:
- The purpose of Change Management.
- Creation of strategies for implementing the needed changes.
- Analysis of the potential risks associated with the change.
- Resources needed.
- Planning for the “Who does what, when” phase.
- Communication of the planned changes.
- ROI of the planned changes.
- The process of controlling the change.
- Strategies for helping stakeholders adapt successfully to the change.